- What is QuestionPro
- Using QuestionPro
- Create a Survey & Protect Your Data
- Learn more about QuestionPro
- QuestionPro Support
QuestionPro is an online survey software tool made available free of charge by the Provost and Technology Services to all faculty, staff and students at VCU. It provides an easy to use point-and-click interface where users can create and distribute surveys, collect responses and analyze the results all in one place. The academic license features are the same as the corporate version of the product listed here.
It is the user's responsibility to comply with all VCU policies and guidelines. If you are collecting data for the purposes of human subjects research, review and approval of the project is required by the Institutional Review Board.
- VCU Institutional Review Board Policies and Guidance
- Information Technology Policies, Standards, Baselines and Guidelines
QuestionPro may only be used to house Non-public (Category II) or Public (Category III) data. QuestionPro may not house confidential and sensitive (Category I) data. The only survey system at VCU designated to house Category I data is REDCap.
Step 1 - Review the VCU Guidelines and Policies
As a user of QuestionPro, you are required to review the guidelines listed below and electronically agree that you abide by the policies.
- Only collect data that are not designated as confidential and sensitive (Category 1)
- Comply with all VCU policy and guidelines
- Obtain an Institutional Review Board review and approval if your data is collected for the purposes of human subjects research
- Create only one account for your use
Step 2 - Complete User Agreement & Establish an Account
- Click QuestionPro User Agreement and login with your VCU eID and Password to agree to the terms (CAS Protected)
- You will be prompted to click Agree to abide by the terms listed
- Select whether you have a VCU Gmail account or not
- You will be prompted to create a QuestionPro account
Return User to QuestionPro:
You must agree to the QuestionPro User Agreement and establish your account to login to QuestionPro. Go to the First-time User information above to create a QuestionPro account.
- Click QuestionPro to access the login page.
- Click the Google icon.
- QuestionPro will automatically open if you have already authenticated through VCU CAS via MyVCU, VCU Google Gmail or another CAS-authenticated site.
- If you have not authenticated through VCU CAS, do the following:
- Enter your VCU email (email@example.com). Do Not enter a password.
- Click the Sign in button.
- You will be prompted to log in to CAS. Enter your VCU eID and password, which will provide you entry into QuestionPro as a University Site User.
- To confirm that you are logged in as a University Site User, scroll down to the bottom of the screen. You should see University Site User listed.
- Login to the system using your registered email and password, click here.
You will need to remember this password as you will use your registered email address and password to authenticate.
To protect your data, enable SSL Security for every new survey you create.
- Go back to QuestionPro and click Create a Survey.
- Give the survey a name and click Create a Survey.
- With the survey open, go to Settings and open Security.
- Select Enable SSL Security and Save
If you have questions about using QuestionPro, please:
- Visit QuestionPro Help & Resources to see video tutorials or other resources that may be of value to you.
- Email or Chat with QuestionPro Technical Support available 24x5, Monday thru Friday.
- QuestionPro Articles and Guides.
If you have questions about setting up your QuestionPro account or need to request to have your QuestionPro account upgraded to the academic license, please contact the VCU IT Support Center at (804) 828-2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org