Sharing with the public
You can share your files with anyone you choose - even users outside of VCU. A unique, temporary web link will be created and e-mailed to recipients. You can also share this link in other ways, once you have the URL. Password protection is always recommended when sharing publicly, and is required when multiple downloads are allowed.
3. Find your file in the Uploaded Files area of the My Files page, and then click on either the filename or on the blue triangle to the far right of the file.
4. Click the Share This File button. You can optionally select the Notify Me on Download to receive a notification when your file is downloaded
5. Click on the Public tab, and select any desired options
- Expiration date: Defaults to 2 weeks. Can be set to expire sooner
- Email addresses: If more than one, insert commas between them
- Message: You can set a message for recipients to see when the file is shared with them
- Allow multiple downloads: This is required if there is more than one recipient. If this option is selected, password protection is also required.
Finally, click the Share button to share the file with the intended recipients.
Note: If an incorrect e-mail address was entered, you will not be notified.
6. At the My Files screen, you will now notice that your file has Public Shares.
If you'd like to share the public download link with others, click on the link next to Public Shares.
7. Clicking on Copy will allow you to copy the link to share with others
8. Clicking on View will show you the public download page that users will see when clicking on the link:
This article was updated: 08/3/2015