Avaya Workplace + MyE911
Avaya Workplace is a mobility application that extends your VCU telephone service to your computer, mobile and/or home telephone.
- Enter any number of devices you choose and select up to 5 that can ring simultaneously when your VCU telephone number is called.
- VCU calls that are unanswered will forward to your VCU voice mailbox.
- Outbound calls you make from the application will display your VCU telephone number, not your personal number.
- The feature can be turned on or off when you cannot or prefer not to take business calls.
Note for Desktop Users Only
MyE911 is a companion application for the desktop version of Avaya Workplace. This web-based service ensures 911 Operators can dispatch emergency first responders to your location if you dial 911 on your Avaya Workplace app. Federal regulations require that if you use Avaya Workplace on your PC or MAC you must also use MyE911.
For assistance accessing information related to our programs, please contact VCU Telecommunications at 828-2227 (press option 2).
How to Request an Avaya Workplace Account
- Select "New IT Support Ticket"
- Select "Communication and Collaboration"
- Select "Telecommunications"
- Select "Avaya Workplace Mobile App"
- Click "Request New/Change/Cancel"
What Happens Next?
Our team will create your Avaya Workplace account and email you complete set-up instructions.
Cell Phone Users
- The application can be downloaded from the Google Play Store (Android) or the Apple App Store (iOS) before receiving the email directions. You cannot configure the app until our team has created your Avaya Workplace account in our system.
- The link to download the app to your computer will be included in the email directions. You must have administrative rights to download software. If you do not have this right, you must contact your IT Support representative for assistance.
- A headset with a microphone is required; a noise-canceling headset is strongly suggested.
- Your web-based MyE911 account will be created simultaneously with your Avaya Workplace account. Directions for setup will be included with your email instructions.
Avaya Workplace and MyE911 Reference Guides
Avaya designed the Avaya Workplace app to be intuitive and easy to use. You may click on the link below for additional information regarding the application. Note that some of the enhanced features covered in the reference guide may not currently apply in the VCU environment. Please select the link(s) below to access the appropriate reference guide(s)