SAS® Enterprise Miner - SAS® Text Miner
Description: SAS® Enterprise Miner is a data mining tool that enables the development of descriptive and predictive modeling and in-database scoring. SAS® Text Miner allows the analysis of text data from the web, comment fields, books, and other text sources. They are classified as data mining software.
Cost: No charge
SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Text Miner for Windows Desktops are licensed for VCU Teaching and Research Use and available to current VCU students, faculty, and staff.
SAS Text Miner is a component of SAS Enterprise Miner. To use SAS Text Minor, both SAS and SAS Enterprise Miner must be installed on the same machine.
SAS Enterprise Miner
An overview of SAS® Enterprise Miner is provided on the SAS website. Additional resources are provided to assist you with the use of the software.
Supported platforms (select your operating system from the drop-down list in the SAS Enterprise Miner Personal Client section)
Installing Enterprise Miner
Enterprise Miner for Windows Workstation is included on the SAS 9.4 for Windows flash drive.
First, obtain SAS 9.4 for Windows.
- Install SAS 9.4, according to the SAS 94 for Windows installation instructions. On the "Select Products to Install" screen (see page 3 of the instructions), the check boxes for several products will be selected by default. Make sure that the following products are among those selected (and select them, if they are not):
- SAS Foundation
- SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation Configuration
- SAS Text Miner Workstation Configuration
Launching Enterprise Miner
If you have a Windows Start button, select Start, All Programs, SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation 14.3
f not (e.g., for Windows 8), just start typing SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation until you see its icon appear on the screen, then click the icon.
An overview of SAS® Text Miner is provided on the SAS website. Additional resources are provided to assist you with the use of the software.
Documentation (see also Using Text Miner below)
Supported platforms (select your operating system from the drop-down list in the SAS Text Miner Personal Client section)
Using Text Miner
SAS Text Miner is a component of SAS Enterprise Miner. Here are some pointers:
Begin by launching SAS Enterprise Miner, as described in the SAS Enterprise Miner tab above.
For assistance with SAS Text Miner 14.3, please see SAS Text Miner 14.3.
Consultation & Support
VCU provides consultantion and installation support for SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Text Miner. You will find documentation and training materials under the above SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Text Miner tabs.
SAS Enterprise Miner & SAS Text Miner Consulting Services
- Consulting Appointments - The department of Statistical Sciences and Operations Research provides a variety of consulting services through the Statistics and Analytics Consulting Lab (SACL). Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download, Install, or License SAS Enterprise Miner and SAS Text Miner - If you have difficulty downloading, installing or licensing SAS, please contact the IT Support Center for assistance.