SAS Linux Renewal Instructions
You have requested the SAS 9.4 64-Bit Linux Renewal file (called a "setinit" or "SID file") to extend a SAS 9.4 64-Bit Linux license through September 28, 2022 on an existing SAS 9.4 64-Bit Linux installation.
To apply the SAS 9.4 Renewal to an EXISTING SAS 9.4 64-Bit Linux installation:
- It is recommended that the same identity that was used to install the software is used to renew the license.
- Stop all running SAS processes.
- Run SAS Setup from !SASROOT/sasse.&ntupbsp; Make sure you have the appropriate privilege to update files in SASROOT.
- Select Run Setup Utilities from the SAS Setup Primary Menu.
- Select Renew SAS Software.
- Specify the location where you stored your SID file (SAS94Linux64WrkstnExp06302022tr.txt) when prompted.
- Your SID file is applied immediately. SAS Setup will report if the task was completed successfully or not. If errors occur, a message is displayed indicating the log files you should check. If the SAS installation data applies successfully, you can enter Q to quit SAS Setup and run the SAS System normally.
This downloaded SAS 9.4 64-Bit Linux Renewal SID File will extend the license of SAS 9.4 64-Bit Linux until June 30, 2022 with a 90 day grace period through September 28, 2022.
SAS Institute requires that a license renewal authorization code be ap/plied each year. If you are still at VCU, you will be notified by email when future annual license authorization codes (called setinits) are available. Licenses for additional installs must be registered at:
This software is licensed by contract by VCU. You may not distribute or allow the distribution of this software, its activation codes/files, or its license renewal codes/files to any other person or entity.
When you leave VCU, you must immediately uninstall ALL copies of this software from any non-VCU owned computers on which you had installed it or authorized its installation.
Because of changing federal regulations regarding exporting software outside the USA, before you transfer any VCU licensed software outside the USA, you are required to contact VCU Technology Services to obtain current regulations. Note: Sophos Anti-Virus is an exception - it may be downloaded and used in any country.
Violation of this license may result in civil or criminal legal actions, as well as University disciplinary actions.
Please read the Computer and Network Resources Use policy at:
For assistance with this software product or if you have any questions regarding this message, please contact the IT Support Center:
VCU Technology Services