Apply SPSS Fix Pack 184.108.40.206 for Mac
For IBM SPSS Statistics 26 for Macintosh
You MIGHT NOT need this fix pack: If you obtained your SPSS 26 installation file from the Technology Services download site on or after March 23, 2021, then you do not need this fix pack. The fix pack is included in that installation file and is applied when you install SPSS 26. If unsure whether you need it, launch SPSS, then in the SPSS Statistics menu select About SPSS Statistics. If you see Release 220.127.116.11 in the ensuing screen, this fix pack has already been applied. But if the release number is 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124, it has not been applied, and you should apply it now.
IBM Technical Support has released IBM SPSS Statistics Fix Pack 126.96.36.199 for Macintosh. It is recommended that all Mac SPSS 26 users install it.
This Fix Pack will correct several known problems with IBM SPSS Statistics 26. It also enables support for macOS 11 Big Sur on Intel and Apple M1 based Macs (see M1 note just below).
- This Fix Pack is only for Macintosh SPSS 26. If unsure of your SPSS version, launch SPSS and from the SPSS menus, select SPSS Statistics ↠ About SPSS Statistics. The Version number will be displayed on the ensuing screen.
- You should apply this Fix Pack, whether or not you applied the earlier 188.8.131.52 Fix Pack. And, you need not apply that earlier Fix Pack, since each Fix Pack is cumulative.
- About SPSS on Apple M1 hardware: According to IBM Inc., "SPSS Statistics will still work on the new M1 hardware but may not run as fast. We are investigating how to optimize SPSS Statistics with the new M1 hardware."
Fix Pack 184.108.40.206 can be downloaded here:
Before installing this Fix Pack:
- Move any personal files (such as data, output, or other project related working files) out of the SPSS 26 installation directory. When the Fix Pack is installed, all files in the installation directory may be overwritten.
If you did not install SPSS 26 in the default directory (/Applications/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/26/), then:
- Uninstall SPSS 26 before installing this Fix Pack (this Fix Pack will re-install SPSS 26).
- You will need to re-license SPSS 26 after installing this Fix Pack (if you need the license code, visit Register SPSS 26 to generate an email to you that contains the code).
To install this Fix Pack:
- Log in to your Mac as the same user that installed the Statistics 26 product.
- Ensure that no versions of SPSS Statistics are running.
- Download and save the Fix Pack file on your Mac, using the above link. The file is named SPSS_Statistics_2602_mac.pkg.
- Right-click the downloaded file and select Open, then follow the directions presented.
After installation, IBM SPSS Statistics 26 is ready to run. Launch SPSS Statistics 26 and select the SPSS Statistics ↠ About SPSS Statistics menu item to verify that Release 220.127.116.11 is now the installed release (look in the lower-left corner of the About screen).
This article was updated: 03/22/2021