Linux SPSS 27
You must be operating as the root user to install this software. You may install multiple versions of SPSS, as long as they are contained in separate folders.
- Open a terminal application (xterm, konsole, gnome-terminal, etc.) to open a window in which you can issue commands at a shell prompt.
- Locate the install file you downloaded previously. At the shell prompt, issue a 'cd' command to change directory to the folder containing the install file.
- As the root user, issue the following command to launch the installation:
- sh SPSS_Statistics_27_lin.bin
- Wait while your computer prepares to install. The following messages may be displayed:
Preparing to install
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive . . .
Unpacking the JRE . . .
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive . . .
Configuring the installer for this system's environment . . .
Launching installer . . .
- Proceed to the Software License Agreement screen and read the terms of the license. To install and use SPSS, you must accept these terms. * If you agree, select “I accept…”
- Continue to Choose Install Folder. Select the location where you would like to install and launch SPSS. **
- Continue to the Pre-Installation Summary and select Install. A progress screen will display.
- When the installation completes, a "successful installation" screen will appear. Select the checkbox to "Start License Authorization Wizard now," if it is not already selected, and then click Done.
- The SPSS License Authorization Wizard will launch automatically for licensing SPSS. Licensing is required. Please see Linux SPSS 27 License Authorization Wizard for licensing instructions.
- After installation and licensing have been completed, and again every few weeks/months, you are strongly urged to visit SPSS Updates to see if any Fix Packs are available to be installed for Linux SPSS 27. Fix Packs correct bugs and other SPSS software issues and are released by IBM tech support as such issues become known.
- * Note:
- To use SPSS as licensed through VCU, you must also abide by VCU’s SPSS License Conditions.
- ** Note:
- Multiple versions of SPSS may be installed on a computer if they are installed in separate folders.
Note: You should not need to be the root user to start and run IBM SPSS Statistics 27.
To begin/run IBM SPSS Statistics 27:
- Browse to the bin subdirectory of the IBM SPSS Statistics 27 installation directory.
- Run the stats file.
For instructions on un-installing SPSS 27, please refer to the Uninstalling section of the SPSS 27 Linux Installation Instructions PDF document.
This article was updated: 03/22/2021