Mac SPSS 27
Note: SPSS Statistics 27 supports macOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, and 11.0 on Intel and Apple M1 hardware. According to IBM Inc., "SPSS Statistics will still work on the new M1 hardware but may not run as fast. We are investigating how to optimize SPSS Statistics with the new M1 hardware."
Installation Instructions: To successfully install SPSS, you must have access to an administrative account for your computer.
- With the SPSS installer file downloaded, locate the file in Finder and open (double-click) it.
- Proceed to the Software License Agreement screen. You must accept the terms of the license to install and use SPSS. To use SPSS as licensed through VCU, you must also abide by VCU’s SPSS License Conditions. If you agree, select Continue and, on the ensuing screen, select Agree.
- IF the Select a Destination screen appears, you may select the disk where the SPSS Statistics program will be installed, as desired. Click Continue.
- Continue to the Standard Install... screen. When ready, click Install.
- A progress bar will display during installation.
- When completed, an "installation was successful" screen will display. Click Close.
- The SPSS License Authorization Wizard will launch automatically for licensing SPSS. Licensing is required. Please see Mac SPSS 27 License Authorization Wizard for licensing instructions.
- After installation and licensing have been completed, and again every few weeks/months, you are strongly urged to visit SPSS Updates to see if any Fix Packs are available to be installed for Mac SPSS 27. Fix Packs correct bugs and other SPSS software issues and are released by IBM tech support as such issues become known.
This article was updated: 03/22/2021