Windows SPSS 28
Before installing SPSS 28 for Windows, please ensure that your computer meets the system requirements.
After installation and licensing have been completed, and again every few weeks, you are strongly urged to visit SPSS Updates to see if any Fix Packs are available to be installed for Windows SPSS 28. Fix Packs correct bugs and other SPSS software issues and are released by IBM tech support as such issues become known.
To install SPSS, you must have administrative access to your computer.
- With the SPSS installation file downloaded, right-click that file and select "Run as administrator" to open the InstallShield Wizard. Wait as the file is extracted and prepared for installation.
- Proceed through the screens until you reach the License Agreement screen. Read the license agreement carefully. You must accept the terms to install and use SPSS. To use SPSS as licensed through VCU, you must also abide by VCU's SPSS License Conditions. If you agree, select “I accept…”
- Continue to Destination Folder. Select the drive and folder on your computer where you would like the SPSS program to be located. (Multiple versions of SPSS may be installed on a computer if they are installed in separate folders.)
- Proceed to Ready to Install the Program. Select “Install,” and a progress display will appear.
- When the installation completes, this "successful installation" screen will appear. Select the checkbox to "Start IBM SPSS Statistics now", if not already selected. Then click Finish.
- The Activate IBM SPSS Statistics screen will display. Click the Launch License Wizard button.
- The SPSS License Authorization Wizard will launch for licensing SPSS. Licensing is required. For licensing instructions, please see Windows SPSS 28 Licensing (begin at step 2).
This article was updated: 07/30/2021