Additional search tools
You're not always going to be searching for something at VCU. We understand that. Here are some tools to help:
Specialized search engines
- Wolfram Alpha is a computational search engine. It can take questions or calculations (in fairly human-friendly formats) and return data visualized in the context you are searching for. (Questions? See their examples by topic to get a better idea of how to use Wolfram Alpha.)
- Google Scholar searches across scholarly literature such as peer-reviewed papers, theses, abstracts, and more from academia and research organizations.
- Google News shows the latest news compiled from many sources. Search Google News to get real-time news on topics.
- Google Blog Search is similar to Google News, but instead focuses on self-published blogs. Find out more about specific topics through the eyes of the blogosphere.
- Google Book Search searches through books and provides full text for some books.
This article was updated: 01/4/2017