How to update your personal information
The process you need to follow to update your personal contact information depends on your university's status.
For VCU students
To update your preferred first name, address, or phone number, please follow these steps:
- Log in to http://go.vcu.edu/eservices.
- Go to the Personal Information tab.
- Go to Personal Information.
- Click on Edit in the Personal Details section to update your preferred first name.
- Click on the edit button under each address or phone number to update that item.
- After making each change, click on the blue Update button.
For VCU employees
- To update your name of use, personal pronoun, select demographic information, emergency contact, address, and phone number, log in to Banner Self-Service (the same Web site for pay and leave information). To access Banner Self Service, log in to the myVCU portal and click on the "eServices/VCU Self Service" link in the General Resources
- To update your legal name, working title, or any other information that is not updatable via employee self-service, please contact your department’s HR Professional.
This change will ensure that your correct contact information is displayed in the "People Search" on the VCU home page and other directory databases. Please note that it will take a day or two for all subsidiary databases to be updated once the new information is entered into Banner.
Coming Soon - Learn more about how your name of use and personal pronouns are used in VCU systems.
For VCU Health System employees
Please call VCU Health System HR4U at (804) 628-4748 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday to update your name, title, department, address, or phone number.
This article was updated: 03/2/2022